Setup group(s) of lights in network
When your facility includes a high amount of fixtures, we recommend you to have a (dedicated) network to connect specifically for these units. This network allows you to separate the total amount of units in different group(s). Every group will follow the same settings simultaneously.
First, make sure so that all your lights are connected to the same physical network - connect all your lights to the same router. If your router doesn't have enough ports (LAN-ports), add a switch (splitter).
Fig1. Example setup showing four lights connected to the router including a switch.
Once the fixture has launched in the Web UI, select the "Configuration" tab. Here, you can choose to set the lights in the following modes:
- Independent - an independent light cannot be controlled by another light. An independent light is controlled through its own Web User Interface. Its light intensity settings can either be configured manually or automatically through a schedule.
- Master - a master light can control itself, as well as it's assigned followers. This can be performed either by, the use of a schedule or by setting light intensity levels manually in the master lights Web User Interface. This feature reduces the number of fixtures that need to be configured in a fixed light installations/networks.
- Follower - a follower light mirrors the change in light output of a master light (regardless of whether the master light changes are due to schedule events or manual changes). A follower light can only be controlled via the master light.
Procedure description to setup the light(s):
- Start the Heliospectra helioCONNECT to access the Web UI for the fixture that should be configured as a master.
- Click the ''Operation'' tab.
- In the ''Tags'' field, enter light name and custom tags for the master (click here for instructions).
- Click the ''Configuration'' tab.
- In the ''MODE'' field, select "Master". The master light will now inform other lights on the network that it is the leading fixture. All changes regarding light intensity in the master fixture will be broadcasted to the network. Other follower-fixtures will now tune in and follow the changes made in the master-fixture.
Once a master light has been configured, configure and add one or several follower lights to the cluster by the following instructions:
- Start the Heliospectra helioCONNECT to access the Web UI for the light that should be configured as a follower.
- Click the ''Operation'' tab.
In the ''Tags'' field, if you like, enter a descriptive fixture name for the follower light(s) and custom tags (click here for instructions).
- Select which master to use from the drop-down list. If several masters are present in the network choose the applicable master. The Follower is now configured to follow the assigned master light.
- Repeat the steps to configure additional follower lights in the network.
Multiple Master/Slave Cluster Configuration
The master-follower mechanism of the lights allow for dynamic cluster allocation with several master lights and assigned slaves in the same network. In the example shown in the figure below there are two clusters, each with one master light and several follower(slave) lights, following each master:
Fig 2. Example of multiple master/follower cluster configuration.
NOTE! Several master lights can be configured in the same network. The master light will override an schedule or manual setting of its assigned slave lights.
Setup/activate my light(s) WIFI-function
Presteps First make sure that your light can support the WIFI upgrade. To do this look at the first 6 serial numbers on your light. If the light has a serial number starting with 002.005, then the light will support the WIFI upgrade. If the light has ...
Setup light(s) directly to your laptop
If you cant reach your lights, and/or you suspect there may be issues with your router, there are alternative ways reaching your light(s). Also, this is a good walk-through if you want to check if a connection issue is in your lights or in your ...
Router setup - detailed
Pre-steps For detailed information about your specific router setup, please contact your router manufacturer. The following example complies to a WIFI Netgear N150 WNR1000 router. Make sure all your physical equipment is connected properly. Each ...
Connect to your lights (with helioCONNECT)
To establish connections to your LX/RX light(s) and get all started, the first step is to install "helioCONNECT", our free software that’s designed to monitor and control all aspects of your light(s) in one place. This document will help you on how ...
Update your lights
The update process is done via Heliospectra´s controlling software helioCONNECT. Please start by downloading the latest firmware file from our download page. Then open helioCONNECT, and wait for your lights to appear. Highlight your lights and ...